Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Personal cell phone conversations ... held in public

A pet peeve of mine: Very personal cell phone conversations in public -- in stores, theaters or public transportation -- especially when the talker lets the conversation take precedence over what he or she should be doing.

In a supermarket recently, someone yapped away through the whole checkout process. The babbling made the babbler take that much more time, and the poor checkout person struggled with trying to not appear to be listening into this "private" conversation vs. knowing when the person was speaking about the transaction.

What kind of awkward or funny moments have you had? Or, if you're having a private conversation in public, should others to "turn their ears'' away?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I attended a concert last Friday night and two guys with cell phones were yakking it up through the first half of the show,and smoking in their seats, and people kept moving away from them. I finally told him I was going to call security and they told me I'd be sorry. Naturally I got my "Jersey" up and told him he had a choice to put the phones and cigarettes away or I was going NOW for security - He grabbed my arm as I got up - so I punched him in the face. By the way, I'm a not-so-strong female. And I got to see the rest of the show from the front row after the two idiots got thrown out.

2/16/2006 10:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you on this subject.By the way, when did everyone become so self-important?

2/17/2006 03:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home