Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Lump cable channels together

Our family had DirecTV and Dish Network for several years. In January, we decided to try the Optimum phone, online and TV bundle and signed up for a year. We've been pretty happy with it, but there's one thing that absolutely drives me nuts: the distance between channels.
I understand there's the basic package vs. the IO package that includes all sorts of other channels, but with the dish channels, ALL the kids' program channels were together. Now, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Disney and TV Land are in one spot (31-34), Animal Planet's in another (57) and ABC Family in still another (49). Then in the IO area, we've got a bundle of about eight other kids channels (121-133).
And we have HBO ... but HBO is 82, HBO2 is 96, then the rest are bundled up in the 300 and up channels. So more is offered with the IO package. I've got that. But why are HBO and HBO2 14 channels apart?
I'm sure I could sit down and figure out how to program my remote and set up a "Favorites" area for the kids, where they could punch it up and it would collect those channels. But honestly, it's halfway through the year we signed on for, and I haven't done it. I doubt I will. There isn't much free time in our household. When I do have free time (I can't remember the last time I did), the last thing on my mind is tinkering with the TV remote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home