Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Letttuce be wary of our foods

OK, I could deal with the spinach. When a couple hundred people were sickened by the e-coli bacteria traced to spinach, I was OK with that. I'm big on veggies, but I can live without spinach as long as I have all the others.

Now health officials are concerned about lettuce. Come on! How's a person supposed to battle the bulge? Are they going to say broccoli's dangerous? How about cauliflower and carrots? If they go after more vegetables, I'm throwing in the towel and bringing out my post-maternity clothes. Heck, maybe I'll even bring out the maternity clothes if I didn't give them all away.

I'm eating my lettuce anyway. The package says it's triple washed, I'll make it quadruple washed. Maybe I'll even boil it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

I'm living on cooked veggies for a while, just to be safe.

10/16/2006 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger Clare McDowell said...

I have soup and salad pretty much every day for lunch, and I bring the salad in from home. I get the triple washed spring mix -- my favorite -- but I end up washing it a few more times. Couldn't they say that we have to avoid chocolate for awhile?

10/18/2006 10:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home