Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hooked on a TV show?

The final season of "The Sopranos" starts up next month after a long hiatus. It was one of the reasons I held on to HBO after my free trial ended. The other reasons were "Six Feet Under" and "Sex and the City," shows I truly looked forward to.

I can't wait to see what's in store for the characters, although I'll miss Adriana ("Christafuh!") and Steve Buscemi's Tony Blundetto was a great, albeit brief, addition.

Every now and then a show really gets a hold on me - "Twin Peaks" and "Northern Exposure" are fond memories. Any shows, past or present, that you absolutely had to record if you couldn't catch an episode?

2 Comments:

Blogger Brachinus said...

I absolutely hate serialized TV shows, where they create a constantly moving storyline from episode to episode, just to get people to keep tuning in. I stopped watching "Friends" around the time they turned the whole Ross-and-Rachel thing into that kind of soap opera, and I hardly ever watch sitcoms anymore because they all tend to follow the trend.

Having said that, I'm hopelessly addicted to "Deadwood." I can't wait for the next season to begin. Does that make me a hypocrite? Hey, I contain multitudes.

2/21/2006 01:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard all the politicians from New Jersey will appear on the Sopranos last show.

2/23/2006 02:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home