Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Parking lot perpetrators

Day after day, I'm amazed by the increasing amount of selfishness I see in parking lots. How many times do you go to park at the grocery store, mall, office building, wherever, only to find two spots deliberately blocked by a single car? I'm not talking about someone parked off center, or even slightly over a spot because of a lousy turn or to avoid another poorly parked car. I'm talking about someone who angles across two spaces or parks directly in the middle to keep their precious car from being dinged by another car's door.

If your car is that important to you, park it at the far end of the lot and walk a little further. And another thing . . . if you're not pregnant, DON'T park in the "stork" spot some stores provide. I rarely used them when I could have, but I recall on one particular day when I was pretty far along with my third child and going to the grocery store with the two others, I went toward that spot, only to be "beaten" by someone who was definitely not expecting, and had no children in tow. I know it's not illegal, but it's pretty rotten.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In addition, I would like to comment on the illegal use of handicapped spots by healthy people that look to take advantage so they don't have to walk as far. Somehow, everyone that has a handicapped family member feels that it is their right to use their sign. One day, it may be you watching a 20 year old jump out of his car while watching from the sidelines because you can't walk.

4/02/2006 04:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to comment on the illegal use of handicapped spots by healthy people that look to take advantage so they don't have to walk as far. Somehow, everyone that has a handicapped family member feels that it is their right to use their handicapped sign. One day, it may be you watching a healthy 20 year old jump out of his/her car while watching from the sidelines because you can't walk.

4/02/2006 05:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home