Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Friday, October 13, 2006

A Gay time on Comedy Central

Finishing up my nightly rounds a little later than usual last night, I had Comedy Central on while I got set up for the morning. On the Colbert Report, 4th District Democratic candidate Carol Gay, who is challenging Rep. Chris Smith, was one of the guests. I hope she was forewarned.
I only caught a bit of it, with Colbert suggesting some campaign slogans along the lines of "Go Gay in New Jersey."
It's not exactly "Meet the Press," but didn't Bill Clinton get a big boost from appearing on a late night talk show?
The show airs again today at 2:30 and 8:30 p.m.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Stephen Colbert. Like me, he is a devout Catholic. (I think he is the youngest of 12 or 13 children.) He is also a funny wiseass.

Turn on your speakers and click on the following link:

Colbert Doing the Catholic Happy Dance

10/14/2006 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Clare McDowell said...

I love it! And I still knew all the words ... he has to do "Shout from the Highest Mountain" yet to bring back more 1970s church songs.
I like how at the end, he was cracking even himself up.
I'm usually nodding off by the time the Colbert report comes on, but I try to stay up ... he's a riot.

10/16/2006 10:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home