Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Heading to River Fest

Looks like I'll be driving southbound along the Parkway this July. Once my daughters hear that Hilary Duff is performing at Toms River Fest, they'll be hounding me.

Maybe I'll try to catch Rick Springfield, too. I was never a big fan of his music, but I was devoted to "General Hospital" when he was the hunky Dr. Noah Drake. I really just want to go to his concert and call Debbie, my college roommate, and hold up my cell phone, like the wireless service commercial that aired recently.

Country music stars LeAnn Rimes and Martina McBride also are on the bill for the four-day event. All four are a coup for the organizers, who say more acts will be announced shortly.
Who would you like to see the organizers try and get for this, or next year? The "blast from the past" category is especially fun for me. Bring in a reunited or still-together 80's band, the B-52s, Devo, Huey Lewis and the News, the Human League, Tears for Fears, Duran Duran. I'm not sure who is still together or not, but something along those lines would be a trip.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brachinus said...

You said, "Bring in a reunited or still-together 80's band, the B-52s, Devo, Huey Lewis and the News, the Human League, Tears for Fears, Duran Duran."

Would you settle for Devo 2.0?

3/30/2006 04:28:00 PM  
Blogger Clare McDowell said...

My kids probably would ... I'd rather see the guys in the jumpsuits that made 'em look like they were heading to clean up a toxic waste site

3/31/2006 09:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/27/2006 03:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home