Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Bring home the home remedies.

So tonight I'm going to put mayonnaise in my hair and rub my shedding cat with a fabric softener sheet. I'm going to send the kids out with spray bottles filled with white vinegar and tell them to spray the sidewalk weeds. And the calendar that keeps falling off the wall because the nail hole is too loose will get a dose of toothpaste into the wall. Those are some of the suggestions collected from readers by Press staff writer Patti Martin, in her story on alternate uses for household products:
http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060420/LIFE/604200419/1006

One of my favorite tricks was found on the Crayola.com Web site: how to remove crayon from just about anything. I've had it all over my walls -- a shot of WD40 breaks it up, then you can wash it off with soapy water. Any other home remedy-type tips, fixes and cures that anyone swears by? These fixes can prevent headaches. But if they don't, try rubbing a lime on your head instead of aspirin.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use the fabric softener sheets to dust off my computer monitor, television and other electronics around the house. Not only does it get rid of the dust... it also prevents it from coming back.

4/27/2006 11:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home