Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Public questions: Do we ever say no?

Do people actually take the time to really analyze the public questions on ballots? Or are we so caught up in the personalities of the candidates that we pay little or no attention to the questions?

I brought the topic up with a group of friends over the weekend. (Yup, the life of the party, that's me) and some didn't know what the state and county questions were. OK, I'm in a job where I'm required to be familiar with such issues, but I remember going over them on my sample ballot before elections and at least gave some thought to them.

But they never fail. Is that because they all have merit, or are they just written so they all look great on paper?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home