Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Monday, November 20, 2006

Coverage mauled by TomKat

OK, I know people are thrilled with peeking into the lives of celebrities, but during my week off, it seemed every channel was overly devoted to covering the wedding of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.
Honestly, I couldn't care less. But while I was housecleaning, and housecleaning, and housecleaning (and it will all be a shambles again by the end of this week), I opted to have the TV playing in the background. I should've chosen the radio or some CDs.
Can't they leave that stuff to the entertainment shows? Just about every mainstream news program seemed to be gushing over Tom and Katie getting married, and at the red carpet guest list. Allllll weeeeeeek looooooong.
OK, a story or two could suffice -- in the ENTERTAINMENT segments, please! When you boil it down, celebrities are people, just like us, sort of. When they get married or they have babies, it seems as if they're the first ones to accomplish such feats, and they're questioned ad nauseam about the experiences. I don't bother with the blurbs on how Britney found motherhood and the like. I do listen to who marries who, usually to be disappointed at the length of their marriages. A decade often seems like it'll net them a lifetime achievement award.
The only thing about the whole TomKat thing (and how annoying is that little nickname?) that piqued my interest was that they had a Scientology service. What the heck is that? I never really looked at Scientology; sounds more scientific than religious. Do they use beakers and Bunsen burners instead of candles?
Never mind, I don't really want to know that either.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I say to you, whoever divorces his wife (unless the marriage is unlawful) and marries another commits adultery."

Gee, I wonder who could have said those words?

Matthew 19:9

11/21/2006 12:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home